Giant mousemat gaming mats!

Discussion of painting, conversions, and the aesthetic side of the hobby

Giant mousemat gaming mats!

Postby The Kremlin » Wednesday 27th November, 2013 11:42 am

http://www.frontlinegaming.org/2013/11/ ... r-is-live/

A bit costly for society use, but some individual members might be interested. It's a very cool idea and they should be extremely practical.
The Kremlin

Re: Giant mousemat gaming mats!

Postby Mattman » Wednesday 27th November, 2013 5:12 pm

Hmm. Interesting concept.
Though not really cheaper than other makes.
Being water proof is cool, but I think the slippery coating would put me off, even if it would also make it easier to push models about.

Matt
Mattman

Postby The Kremlin » Thursday 28th November, 2013 1:03 pm

Yeah - the attraction isn't really the cost, they're decently costly. It is the convenience. They look good, and would appear to be extremely easy to transport, store, and play games upon. I'd also expect them to be a lot more resilient than comparable options.

I can see the objection to the slippery coating though. I currently see it as a likely upside - no having to move units about an uneven surface with wrinkles or inconvenient texture, and dice actually roll flat!
The Kremlin

Postby Mattman » Thursday 28th November, 2013 4:14 pm

Zuzzy, Corsec and TerrainMat to name a few make mats that are easily transportable and the Corsec ones can even be washed.
The GW grass mats they put out a few years ago are seen as one of the best mats, though they are difficult to get hold of these days.
Mattman

Postby Talorian » Thursday 28th November, 2013 5:50 pm

The GW grass mats are the same as the 2 I lent to the society. They fold up easily and if you keep the boxes, which I'm slightly annoyed that the society hasn't done so, they are very easy to fold up and transport about.

They are also black on the underside so if you really wanted to, you could play a space themed game on the back of them.
Talorian

Return to Studio Gribbly