LoTR head sizes vs 40k

Discussion of painting, conversions, and the aesthetic side of the hobby

LoTR head sizes vs 40k

Postby BlackCat » Monday 9th September, 2013 8:22 pm

Tallarn project:

How small are the Harradrim (LoTR) heads compared to 40k? If anyone has a model they could wave at me, that'd be awesome (saves me scouring WE second hand bitz draws of doom).

Also, if anyone happens to have Tallarn models they'd like to sell me, even better.
BlackCat

Re: LoTR head sizes vs 40k

Postby Talorian » Monday 9th September, 2013 8:27 pm

I probably have some tallarn stuff tucked away, probably badly painted but ill happily part with them.
Talorian

Postby BlackCat » Monday 9th September, 2013 8:31 pm

Talorian wrote:I probably have some tallarn stuff tucked away, probably badly painted but ill happily part with them.

Yay ^_^

I spent those forge world vouchers I won on some, but need more! Think I'm going to allie them with marines (Mantis Warrior probably) to make it vaguely affordable.
BlackCat

Postby Namhaft » Tuesday 10th September, 2013 7:59 pm

Are you planning on using the mantis warrior rules from the forgeworld badab book? If so you can borrow my copy.
I think the lotr models will be too small
Namhaft

Postby BlackCat » Wednesday 11th September, 2013 7:10 pm

Namhaft wrote:Are you planning on using the mantis warrior rules from the forgeworld badab book? If so you can borrow my copy.
I think the lotr models will be too small

After looking at some other LoTR models I found in my collection, your right, they will be too small. Plus the heads dont come seperatly. I might try adding greenstuff details to normal guardsmen to Tallarn them up, but not sure if I can be arsed.

Think Mike has the book on his IPad, but I might have a sqizz at your copy if I'm round yours/you have it at the society- since the hard copies are aways wayyy more please- thanks :D
BlackCat

Return to Studio Gribbly