2013 Painting Pledges:

Discussion of painting, conversions, and the aesthetic side of the hobby

2013 Painting Pledges:

Postby BlackCat » Monday 21st January, 2013 11:33 am

I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread where people can say: 1) What they are painting at the moment, 2) When they hope to finish the project and 3)Track their project's progress...

I figured it might be interesting to share current projects with each other and help to keep motivation.

Victoria's Project: Deathwing

At the weekend I stubbled upon a box full of my old (half finished (but badly started)) Deathwing and decided I'm going to re-paint them and make use of the models. Together with the contents from my Dark Vengeance set I have more than enough models for a 2000pts army.
I hope it will make a nice change from speed painting Orks and The Hobbit boxset (which I found oddly really tedious).

Here is dude No1 (inspired by recent weather events :D ) (NB apologies for the crappy phone photo):

I'm aiming to have an army ( at least 1500pts) finished by 18th March (the start of my next placement)...Though I have a feeling despite the low model count, this might be a bit optimistic...
BlackCat

Re: 2013 Painting Pledges:

Postby Tommen » Tuesday 22nd January, 2013 1:15 pm

Im painting up some more FoW stuff that I didnt use yet :) currently this Jagdtiger who need his tracks and gubbins painting, and some peterpig volks/panzergrenadiers on nice snowy bases.
Edit: How are the screaming eagles going by the way? You didn't update the blog for a while, have they been put on hold while you were painting gobbos and Hobbits? :)
Last edited by Tommen on Wednesday 23rd January, 2013 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tommen

Re: 2013 Painting Pledges:

Postby Mattman » Tuesday 22nd January, 2013 1:48 pm

I am trying to paint up my Epic Marines. These are my first test models.

As much as I want to follow the true colour scheme of giving my sergeants dark coloured skin, I may have to paint them lighter just to break up the model, otherwise they just look to dark.

Matt
Mattman

Return to Studio Gribbly