Mass producing scarabs! (press moulding)

Discussion of painting, conversions, and the aesthetic side of the hobby

Mass producing scarabs! (press moulding)

Postby Shaidar Haran » Thursday 10th May, 2012 11:10 am

So I had a quick look online last night and found this site. It specifically shows about necron scarabs, but the idea could be extrapolated to a lot of other stuff.

Still, anyone thinking of getting necrons and using scarabs might want to check out the below link. Lots of scarabs is good for more than just the unit. They make great additions to bases for larger models like the spiders!

http://darkfuturegaming.blogspot.co.uk/ ... h.html?m=1
Though this be madness, yet there is method in it.

Chris
Shaidar Haran

Re: Mass producing scarabs! (press moulding)

Postby Rick » Thursday 10th May, 2012 1:44 pm

You can also buy some very nice not-scarabs from puppet wars. You might still want to do press moulding when doing the actual scarab bases and then use actual models for the top layer for that forgeworld ripper swarm look that's so in fashion.
40k: Tau (gothic, AI), Tyranids (NetEpic, gothic), Dark Angels
WFB: Skaven (uncharted seas)
Also Played: Warmachine/Hordes, Infinity, Flames of War
Rick

Re: Mass producing scarabs! (press moulding)

Postby IronWithin » Thursday 10th May, 2012 4:11 pm

I have just bought some of This stuff online, I've made my first few molds already and they are turning out quite well (for a first attempt I hasten to add).

it would work really well for scarabs, easier I think as the molds are flexible so easier to pry out (and no need for a releasing agent)
“From Iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany. And may it forever be so."
http://theunbreakablelitany.blogspot.co.uk/
IronWithin

Return to Studio Gribbly