GW fatigue

Discussion of CCGs, board games, RPGs and non-GW wargames

Re: GW fatigue

Postby IronWithin » Monday 25th February, 2013 1:03 pm

An Inquisitor game is hard to do because there are no points costs, but I really like the game, silly as it is "I'll subdue him with telegraphed shots.... ok there is no head left... oops I was meant to take him alive".

It could fit the campaign nicely as well.

Love Necromunda too.
“From Iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany. And may it forever be so."
http://theunbreakablelitany.blogspot.co.uk/
IronWithin

Postby Mattman » Monday 25th February, 2013 1:49 pm

I liked what they tried to do with Inquisitor, but like you say, no points was a bit strange given the other games systems. It was hard for people to buy into making fair warbands and playing it like a story.
Mattman

Postby IronWithin » Monday 25th February, 2013 3:53 pm

The campaign I guess could be engineered in some way to be fair. Either by consensus, or by attaching points costs to items very much like buying items for cred's in Necromunda. Hell you could direct port it over and restrict the choices (e.g. no heavy or special weapons). I do admittedly think that would be heavily flawed. I see the flaw in choice by consensus as well (no one agrees on anything ever).
“From Iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany. And may it forever be so."
http://theunbreakablelitany.blogspot.co.uk/
IronWithin

Postby Morph » Monday 25th February, 2013 5:55 pm

We did play some games of Inquisitor in the society, a while back now, but I think we swiftly reached the conclusion that it just wasn't very good. I appreciate what it was trying to do. but the rules were too convoluted and not well thought out (the action system was terrible).
"Sometimes I worry my brilliance is a curse! But then I remember that actually no, it's super great!"
Morph

Postby Rick » Monday 25th February, 2013 7:39 pm

Agreed, the action system and many of the rules were just bobbins. I seem to remember lasguns did nothing but mildly warm their targets and a lucky plasma gun blast to the face might mildly inconvenience someone. You're probably better off using the rules from the various roleplay systems out there (Dark Heresy et al) in conjunction with models for a better result.
40k: Tau (gothic, AI), Tyranids (NetEpic, gothic), Dark Angels
WFB: Skaven (uncharted seas)
Also Played: Warmachine/Hordes, Infinity, Flames of War
Rick

Previous

Return to Other Games