Interest in Legacy?

Discussion of CCGs, board games, RPGs and non-GW wargames

Interest in Legacy?

Postby BrianJ » Monday 4th October, 2010 8:46 am

Hello! I suppose I should begin by introducing myself: I'm Brian, new to Sheffield, doing my MA this year. I'm not (yet, at least) actually a member of your fine organization, but I just wanted to gauge interest in something first...

I'm sure some of you are aware of the monthly Legacy tournaments in Manchester, and I was wondering if there are (or might be interest in) any deck-testing/practice sessions beforehand. As much as I love a good game of cards, I don't savor the idea of paying bus fare and entry fees only to end up 0-4 :oops:

So, let me know your thoughts on the proposal :)
BrianJ

Re: Interest in Legacy?

Postby woodnoggin » Monday 4th October, 2010 3:48 pm

Unfortunately, I haven't seen a game of Magic played in the society for over a year. All the Magic players deserted and went to play competitively at Patriot Games while practicing at home. It's a shame, as I like the occasional casual game but have no interest in the tournament scene anymore, but the society is no longer a place to find even casual games of Magic.
woodnoggin

Re: Interest in Legacy?

Postby Max » Wednesday 6th October, 2010 10:13 pm

Maybe if new members keep hearing that they wont bring it back to the society?

I play magic and I'll be happy to help you practice for tournaments or play casually if you like. I only have EDH decks build, having not played competitively for a while, but I'm happy to help test if you dont mind me using proxies. If you have EDH decks that that would really make my day, as the format is so much fun.

My email address is mwrchambers@googlemail.com if you want to have a game.

Max
Max

Return to Other Games