Blood Bowl Card Game

Discussion of CCGs, board games, RPGs and non-GW wargames

Blood Bowl Card Game

Postby woodnoggin » Thursday 5th August, 2010 11:37 am

I'm supposed to be steering well clear of Blood Bowl for my own sanity, but this could be interesting:

http://app.fantasyflightgames.com/blood ... m-manager/

"Fantasy Flight Games has announced Blood Bowl: Team Manager - The Card Game, designed by Eric M. Lang and Corey Konieczka, a standalone game of deck-building action that takes 2-4 players through the cutthroat excitement of an entire Blood Bowl season, all in about an hour.

You’re the coach, and you’ll customize your deck by grabbing the best new draft picks, or employ devious tactics to take your opponent’s Star Players out of the game...for good.

We’re calling every armchair quarterback who thinks they can lead a rowdy group of some of the roughest, toughest creatures in the Old World to victory…your time has come!

If you think you have what it takes, add your name to the roster by filling out the form below. You will receive all the breaking news about every bone-shattering development regarding Blood Bowl Team Manager, the upcoming deck-building card game from Fantasy Flight Games!"

It's from the bloke who designed Chaos in the Old World and the bloke who designed Battlestar Galactica, which bodes well. On the other hand, something about sports card games makes me apprehensive.
woodnoggin

Re: Blood Bowl Card Game

Postby Mattman » Thursday 5th August, 2010 12:05 pm

I noticed this on tabletopgamingnews last night and I have to say that I am intrigued.
Suprised we haven't seen a CCG style game for bloodbowl over the years, but this could be a blast to play if it is anything like Dominion.

Matt
Mattman

Return to Other Games