Where's the magic?

Discussion of CCGs, board games, RPGs and non-GW wargames

Where's the magic?

Postby Max » Monday 1st March, 2010 9:07 am

Hi, I'm new to the society and was wondering when and where people get together to play magic?
Max

Re: Where's the magic?

Postby mystic speculator » Monday 1st March, 2010 10:23 pm

i'm going to restart turning up to wargames a week on saturday and I play magic, although its been a bit quiet magic-wise on the societies front. fnm (friday night magic) is on wednesdays at patriot games, if you don't know where that is we can organise to meet you beforehand and walk you down... general format is t2 although once a month we do draft (which is this week).

I'm dan, btw.
mystic speculator

Postby Max » Wednesday 3rd March, 2010 8:06 pm

Ok cool, what time does FNM start generally? I havent bourght any cards since shadowmoor so I cant really make a t2 deck, I can just about cobble together an extended deck and i have my EDH but thats it. Would anyone mind me playing those?
Max

Postby Arven » Friday 5th March, 2010 5:54 pm

Hi Max,

FNM starts at 1900 on Wednesday unless its the first Weds of the month, or the Weds after a new set is released when we draft instead, and try to start at 1830.

Most of us play EDH so no worries there. Also we're a pretty friendly bunch so you can usually borrow cards/decks if you want to play some T2.

If you're not busy on Sat 6, Patiot is having a Game Day with T2 starting at 11 and drafts starting later on (probably after lunch), but you're equally welcome to just turn up and just say hi, play EDH, whatevs.
Red is known for fire and gets a flaming character. Blue is known for trickery and gets the small sneaky character. Black is known for greed and deception and gets the, uh, woman. *snicker*
Arven

Postby Max » Saturday 6th March, 2010 8:21 am

Ah ok, that sounds good, but I have do idea where patriot games is, so could i meet someone before hand if thats ok? My number is 0798186717.

Also is the draft zendikar block?
Max

Postby Arven » Monday 22nd March, 2010 8:13 am

Hey, if you're still there. Im afraid I was a bad host and forgot to return to the forum so i completely missed your post. I think your #'s missing a digit anyway.
Limited formats atm are indeed zendikar block. drafts are usually ZEN ZEN WWK.
Red is known for fire and gets a flaming character. Blue is known for trickery and gets the small sneaky character. Black is known for greed and deception and gets the, uh, woman. *snicker*
Arven

Return to Other Games