FAQs are back!

Discussion of Games Workshop's systems and their universes

FAQs are back!

Postby The Kremlin » Thursday 17th April, 2014 3:13 pm

On the Black Library website, though quite a few are missing.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

Notably, including Space Marines - does anyone have any huge objection to my continuing to use a plasma-armed Command Squad in the (hopefully temporary) absence of the errata letting me do so?
The Kremlin

Re: FAQs are back!

Postby Comrade_Nikolai » Thursday 17th April, 2014 4:22 pm

Nope. And they'll probably be redone when you come to play a game anyway (I'm hoping their absence implies that they are being re-written).
"At 6 inches tall the Imperial Knight is a towering war engine."
Comrade_Nikolai
Treasurer

Postby Morph » Thursday 17th April, 2014 4:54 pm

Odd to see they're on the black library site... and that there's no obvious way to get there from the BL home page. And of course there are no new updates to them.

But on the plus side it's pretty nice there are now "download all" buttons.
"Sometimes I worry my brilliance is a curse! But then I remember that actually no, it's super great!"
Morph

Postby Sam » Monday 27th October, 2014 12:11 pm

This puts rather a different slant on things - especially in view of my choices for the Nationals!

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/P ... OKv1.9.pdf

Nagash* at the Nationals, anyone?

mwahahahahaha!!

Awaiting the response from Nationals organisers. Does anyone have their e-mail address to make sure that they are aware of these changes?

*Edit: Tarnation! Just remembered that it's "No Special Characters" :(
"Unleashing a rancid potpouri of lunacy..."
Who writes this stuff?
Sam

Postby seriesofbadjokes » Monday 27th October, 2014 7:06 pm

Wish Forgeworld would get their asses into gear and update the existing 30k stuff for 7th Ed - quite a few bits that need clarification!
"Home, home on LaGrange: Where the space debris always collects: We possess, so it seems, two of Man's greatest dreams: Solar power and zero-gee sex."
seriesofbadjokes

Postby The Kremlin » Monday 27th October, 2014 7:08 pm

My immediate thoughts are that scarvet spam is almost certainly the way to go, and equally almost certainly not what I want to do for the sake of fun.

Any army I *do* take needs to be ready to take down character spam, though.
The Kremlin

Postby Rick » Monday 27th October, 2014 9:56 pm

seriesofbadjokes wrote:Wish Forgeworld would get their asses into gear and update the existing 30k stuff for 7th Ed - quite a few bits that need clarification!

Sadly forgeworld have always been utterly terrible about keeping their rules compatible with new codexes and editions. Its a real barrier to using their models as you inevitably face long periods with dodgy or unusable rules before they finally bother to do an update - and lately they've been using it as an excuse to sell what is basically the same content to you again. Where possible its probably best to agree some sensible house rules with your opponents if there is a compatibility issue.
40k: Tau (gothic, AI), Tyranids (NetEpic, gothic), Dark Angels
WFB: Skaven (uncharted seas)
Also Played: Warmachine/Hordes, Infinity, Flames of War
Rick

Postby seriesofbadjokes » Monday 27th October, 2014 11:46 pm

Well they've had to switch the order of the 30k books around because of 7th (something to do with getting the Thousand Sons to work properly) so I imagine it'll all happen in one go. Iirc it just needs a few clarifications regarding psykers (the main rule change from 6th to 7th) and it should be fine. Could also do with sorting out a low-level points (1000?) list that works so I can get to grips more with how the units work ;)
"Home, home on LaGrange: Where the space debris always collects: We possess, so it seems, two of Man's greatest dreams: Solar power and zero-gee sex."
seriesofbadjokes

Postby Sam » Tuesday 28th October, 2014 10:47 am

This FAQ seems to set the changes and rules introduced in Nagash very firmly at the core of the main game.

By specifically errata-ing Lore of Undeath into the Core Rulebook, it defacto formally acknowledges Undead Legions as an army in it's own right- not simply just an "expansion", or "optional extra" to be used by mutual agreement between opponents (as had been conjectured in some web/forum discussions that I have seen).

So I'll be interested to see how the Nationals team deal with this, in view of their "no expansions" policy for army list selection. Will they simply allow End Times rules now? Or introduce their own form of comp. system?

I feel that the 50% Lords and 50% Heroes allowance is a little off-putting if going into the arena of competitive/ tournament play. I don't want to fight the Lord/Hero spam builds. I fear that it would feel cheap, becoming a Hero-hammer skirmish game of a few powerful characters milling around, rather than large ranked-up armies facing off against one another (the aesthetic that first enticed me to Warhammer all those years ago).

For my two cents, I think Fantasy would have been better served by a Lords of War -style option as per 40k. That way you could take expensive characters like Nagash in a new, unique army selection slot without having to screw around with the Lords/Heroes allowance.
"Unleashing a rancid potpouri of lunacy..."
Who writes this stuff?
Sam

Return to The Dark Nightmare of the Grim Dark Nightmarish Future