40K Practice

Discussion of Games Workshop's systems and their universes

40K Practice

Postby BlackCat » Sunday 24th March, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi!

Since I'm planning to unleash my Orks onto unsuspecting victims at a tournament, it might be a good idea to get some practice in.

I'd like to play:

Necrons
Deamons
Nids
Chaos
Blood angels
Eldar
Dark angels
Dark Eldar
Tau

Help to get games against some of these armies would be appreciated!

Dark Angels, Dark eldar & Tau aren't as important since I've got small armies of these/have read the books, so I have a fair idea of the rules and what the units do. But it might still be nice to see how my list plays against them.

I have no clue about Necrons or Deamons...and I'd like more games against Nids (they all look the same to me!).

BlackCat

Re: 40K Practice

Postby Talorian » Sunday 24th March, 2013 10:06 pm

I can give you games with Eldar, Dark Eldar and Blood Angels. I'll try and put together some tournament style lists and we can have at it.

Let me know when you're free and we'll arrange a few games. I'm sure I can convince Amy to let me set up the gaming board in the kitchen :D
Talorian

Postby Shaidar Haran » Sunday 24th March, 2013 10:12 pm

well i will be wanting some practice for tournies also. can sort out a necron list to try out. be good to analyse what we might see with them and how they might play. (i have 3 flier models so can make almost any 1500pt list within the restrictions)
Though this be madness, yet there is method in it.

Chris
Shaidar Haran

Postby Dan » Sunday 24th March, 2013 11:18 pm

Happy to throw my Eldar into the meat grinder. I'm on leave for the next two weeks so have plenty of time to catch up on gaming.
Dan

Postby Shaidar Haran » Sunday 24th March, 2013 11:37 pm

cool. taking on your eldar is always fun. Think your army is fine, but for anyone looking to help us out. the restrictions on the tournament are;
1500pt lists.
max 3 fliers/monsters with flight
all non troops choices are 0-2.

Chris
Shaidar Haran

Postby Dan » Sunday 24th March, 2013 11:42 pm

1500 Necron list with 3 fliers. I'll get my coat :D
Dan

Postby Talorian » Monday 25th March, 2013 5:39 am

Do they say whether you can take forge world or is it Codex only? Eldar are likely to suck either way, but at least the forge world stuff would give you a chance.

You still do have the option of the fire dragon exarch with crack shot, tank hunters and a quad gun, you might get lucky and have them arrive 1 at a time and be able to blow them out of the sky ;)
Talorian

Postby seriesofbadjokes » Monday 25th March, 2013 3:06 pm

Can sort out a Daemon army of some sort, I'm assuming it's using the new book so can have fun trying out some of the funky new toys.

Are they allowing special characters btw?
"Home, home on LaGrange: Where the space debris always collects: We possess, so it seems, two of Man's greatest dreams: Solar power and zero-gee sex."
seriesofbadjokes

Postby Shaidar Haran » Monday 25th March, 2013 7:47 pm

Imperial armour stuff is allowed. No mention of no special characters so yes they are in too.

Chris
Shaidar Haran

Postby seriesofbadjokes » Tuesday 26th March, 2013 12:01 am

Right, makes life a bit easier to come up with something competative. They do realise that Daemons can take 5 special characters in 1500 pts, don't they? ;)
"Home, home on LaGrange: Where the space debris always collects: We possess, so it seems, two of Man's greatest dreams: Solar power and zero-gee sex."
seriesofbadjokes

Postby Shaidar Haran » Tuesday 26th March, 2013 9:30 am

seriesofbadjokes wrote:Right, makes life a bit easier to come up with something competative. They do realise that Daemons can take 5 special characters in 1500 pts, don't they? ;)

But would you want to?

Chris
Shaidar Haran

Postby IronWithin » Tuesday 26th March, 2013 1:52 pm

How many points is the tournament?
“From Iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany. And may it forever be so."
http://theunbreakablelitany.blogspot.co.uk/
IronWithin

Postby seriesofbadjokes » Tuesday 26th March, 2013 2:33 pm

Shaidar Haran wrote:
seriesofbadjokes wrote:Right, makes life a bit easier to come up with something competative. They do realise that Daemons can take 5 special characters in 1500 pts, don't they? ;)

But would you want to?

Probably not, but 1 or 2 of the heralds might be worth taking to beef up a large unit of lesser daemons. Also, Skarbrand will kill any other model in close combat if they don't have eternal warrior and although he doesn't fly is well worth his 225 points.
seriesofbadjokes

Postby Shaidar Haran » Tuesday 26th March, 2013 2:44 pm

IronWithin wrote:How many points is the tournament?

Read higher in this thread, all restrictions are mentioned.

Chris
Shaidar Haran

Postby Dan » Wednesday 27th March, 2013 11:40 am

Anyone free today for some Outpost? I'm at a loooooose end.
Dan

Postby BlackCat » Friday 5th April, 2013 11:35 am

Sounds great! Looking forward to meetings starting up again (and the upcoming trip to W/W). I might pop down this Sunday (tiredness permitting) too.

Sorry Dan, I didn't notice your post on Wednesday. I'd quite like to fight eldar again, especially after getting so effectively smooshed by Ian last time...

I don't know how comeptative the tournament will be, so far only 9 people have signed up (including me, Mike, Scrow and Chris)....
BlackCat

Return to The Dark Nightmare of the Grim Dark Nightmarish Future