Epic

Discussion of Games Workshop's systems and their universes

Re: Epic

Postby Mattman » Friday 17th May, 2013 9:50 am

And for those keeping an eye on the OTC, here is Deacons first vehicle for the army:

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?p=476101#p476101 :shock: :shock:

Looking very nice :D :D

Matt
Mattman

Postby Rick » Friday 17th May, 2013 5:16 pm

Different yet strangely familiar :) I normally don't like using proxied models to represent things with a very distinctive look but he's struck a good balance there. I could be tempted.
40k: Tau (gothic, AI), Tyranids (NetEpic, gothic), Dark Angels
WFB: Skaven (uncharted seas)
Also Played: Warmachine/Hordes, Infinity, Flames of War
Rick

Postby Mattman » Thursday 23rd May, 2013 4:37 pm

For those interested in some new 6mm models, E&C (Troublemaker Games) has a kickstarter going on Indiegogo to fund some plastic sprues.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/6mm-scale-armies?c=home

It has been running for about 10 days now and they have hit their first goal, so now they are looking at stretch goals which include main battle tanks and bombers.
Worth keeping an eye on.

Matt
Mattman

Postby Mattman » Tuesday 29th October, 2013 11:06 am

Another post for those looking for armies for Epic. Following on from his OTC and Horde ranges, Deacon has now started work on some goth bondage space elves.
His first designs can be found here:

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?p=496598#p496598

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?p=496928#p496928

And the models he is proposing to make for this wave include:

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?p=496954#p496954

Like the other ranges he has done, more models will be released at a later date after he has got the range up and running.

Matt
Mattman

Postby Comrade_Nikolai » Tuesday 15th April, 2014 3:59 pm

How well do you think these guys will work Matt? I'd still have to source Titans from somewhere though...
"At 6 inches tall the Imperial Knight is a towering war engine."
Comrade_Nikolai
Treasurer

Postby Mattman » Tuesday 15th April, 2014 5:42 pm

Comrade_Nikolai wrote:How well do you think these guys will work Matt? I'd still have to source Titans from somewhere though...

Depends on what you plan on using them for, but I wouldn't see a problem. Lots of people on TacComs like the PBG stuff and they do produce some nice models. One of the forum members did a recent Q&A with the PBG guys and got the low down on what their plans are next. In fact, one of the long term goals of NetEpic Platinum is to introduce forces from outside of the GW world into the game and the PBG armies being one of the ones mentioned (though actual rules are some way off).

If you want alternative titans and didn't want to fight with everyone on Ebay, then I would cast your eyes over the Behemoths from Exodus Wars:

Small Behemoths

Large Behemoth

The models look very nice.
Supposedly there is a medium version in the wings and a bunch of one man large walkers due to appear ;)

I have also heard rumours that Trouble Maker Games have a large stompy robot in the works to.

Matt
Mattman

Postby Comrade_Nikolai » Tuesday 15th April, 2014 6:05 pm

Hehe... "Small Behemoth"...
"At 6 inches tall the Imperial Knight is a towering war engine."
Comrade_Nikolai
Treasurer

Postby seriesofbadjokes » Wednesday 23rd April, 2014 1:04 pm

In (slightly) related news I was going through a bits box to look for my old plastic guardsman to conscript up and found some epic Ork stuff. 2 Squiggoths, 4 Pulse Rokkets and 3 vehicles (long barrel at front, 4 wheels, dunno what it's called). Free to a good home/waaargh.
"Home, home on LaGrange: Where the space debris always collects: We possess, so it seems, two of Man's greatest dreams: Solar power and zero-gee sex."
seriesofbadjokes

Postby Mattman » Wednesday 23rd April, 2014 2:16 pm

seriesofbadjokes wrote:In (slightly) related news I was going through a bits box to look for my old plastic guardsman to conscript up and found some epic Ork stuff. 2 Squiggoths, 4 Pulse Rokkets and 3 vehicles (long barrel at front, 4 wheels, dunno what it's called). Free to a good home/waaargh.

Cool. Think those vehicles are Gobsmashas.
Victoria was on the look out for epic ork stuff at one point, so she would most probably appreciate them.
Mattman

Previous

Return to The Dark Nightmare of the Grim Dark Nightmarish Future