So Long and Thanks for all the Fish Then

Discussion about society matters; off-topic discussion

So Long and Thanks for all the Fish Then

Postby Llamahead » Sunday 30th August, 2015 5:08 pm

Dave Browne here. Just a quick forum post to say I've moved out from Sheffield (it's not technically Sheffield I want to move from it's my parents but I'll be in a position to look to buy and can't afford to pay for two gaffs). Basically work is going very well. Before I'd have gone through at least three employers by now at worst my records six or maybe seven. I'm currently the most experienced none alcoholic digger with a driving license at the unit and have been dodging a supervisor's position to concentrate on my masters degree. This however meant I've used all my leave for the year and couldn't afford to take a full week off work or the hangover if I'd organised a meet up with the amount of time I had to move. It also sort of felt right to end it with the Leicester Nationals last year. It's been embarrassing about how most people in the office have perked up when I've told them about the decision probably feel if I feel this confident about keeping my job they must definitely have a reason to be. Jokes on them I'm not confident about keeping this job but with the combination of two major road schemes and a nuclear power plant due down in East Anglia I feel I should be able to get a job in the region.

Equally with the perverse sense of humour of the people who do deployment for any archaeological unit I'll probably be assigned work within an easy commute of Sheffield next week......If that happens I may turn up again just be warned.

Also if you want to keep in touch I post regularly on both Dakka Dakka and Tactical Command and I might be prodded into joining Facebook.
Llamahead

Re: So Long and Thanks for all the Fish Then

Postby Rick » Monday 31st August, 2015 7:29 pm

The forum is now defunct and I don't think anyone bothers to check it any more but I'll point people in the direction of your post. Bye Dave and good luck in your now position.
40k: Tau (gothic, AI), Tyranids (NetEpic, gothic), Dark Angels
WFB: Skaven (uncharted seas)
Also Played: Warmachine/Hordes, Infinity, Flames of War
Rick

Re: So Long and Thanks for all the Fish Then

Postby Hammerite » Sunday 6th September, 2015 1:18 pm

Bye Dave and good luck, I wish you happiness for the future.
And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Hammerite
Forum Admin

Return to The Zombie Apocalypse Contingency Plan