GW Company Performance

Postby woodnoggin » Thursday 31st July, 2014 7:25 pm

Interesting short article on the recent GW company figures:

"Fantasy Figures: Games Workshop's CEO Takes Alternative View of 'Good'"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... ign=buffer
woodnoggin

Re: GW Company Performance

Postby Morph » Thursday 31st July, 2014 10:43 pm

Not to bash GW but... ok well I am... as I saw on another website it's interesting that the report highlights the following as GWs key strategy...

"Games Workshop's strategy is to make the best fantasy miniatures in the world and sell them globally at a profit, and it intends doing so forever."

And that "miniature" is mentioned about 14 times but "game" is mentioned not at all (outside of "Games Workshop").
"Sometimes I worry my brilliance is a curse! But then I remember that actually no, it's super great!"
Morph

Postby Talorian » Friday 1st August, 2014 11:03 am

GW has said for a long time that it's a miniatures manufacturer and not a games manufacturer. So I'm not really suprised to see that in their statement.
Talorian

Postby woodnoggin » Friday 1st August, 2014 1:11 pm

Maybe GW should outsource the game design to a company who's more interested. They've already done this to some extent with Fantasy Flight, but for some reason those games have no miniatures. Even Relic had character busts when miniatures would have fitted perfectly. I think they're missing a trick here: they could allow FFG to create games that used GW miniatures, making them expandable by using other miniatures in GW's ranges.
woodnoggin

Return to The Zombie Apocalypse Contingency Plan