Main Introductions Thread 2011

New users, please post here first

Re: Main Introductions Thread 2011

Postby noodle » Monday 21st November, 2011 9:59 pm

Hope so, you can join in the campaigns :) - if you're quick you can join in the war on Tyndareous and lose it for the Tau before Rick (the *good* Tau player) wins it :D

No but seriously our campaigns aren't really about winning and losing, rather about making a good story... Preferably while winning. :?

Your Tau losing streak can't be as bad as mine. I'm thinking of melting them down! :x
http://alephsector.blogspot.com/ <---- Aleph sector blog
http://alephsectorfiction.blogspot.com/ <---- Aleph sector fiction
http://ww2campaign.blogspot.co.uk/ <---- WW2 campaign
http://palurin.blogspot.com/ <---- Warhammer campaign
noodle

Postby zerabable » Monday 21st November, 2011 11:28 pm

im yet to record a win with my tau, and i'v had them over a year (to be fair i should have won a few but he cheated), but i think i'll go down the tau outcasts route, so not to damage ricks glory for the greater good of the chaos god Malal, not that im saying anything about the majority of the tau, but the ethereal's are dodgy
zerabable

Postby noodle » Monday 21st November, 2011 11:39 pm

damaging Rick's glory is a time honoured tradition though :)

There are plenty of people who struggle to win (especially with Tau at present), so don't let that put you off. Tom's lost a whole string of planets :D

I've lost a whole subsector :?

Come down on Saturday and I'll show you (possibly bore you?) with our current 40k and warhammer campaigns. Feel free to say stop if I get carried away, mind you someone else probably will first ;)

(campaign blogs in my sig)
http://alephsector.blogspot.com/ <---- Aleph sector blog
http://alephsectorfiction.blogspot.com/ <---- Aleph sector fiction
http://ww2campaign.blogspot.co.uk/ <---- WW2 campaign
http://palurin.blogspot.com/ <---- Warhammer campaign
noodle

Postby Rick » Tuesday 22nd November, 2011 12:50 am

noodle wrote:No but seriously our campaigns aren't really about winning and losing

Lies! Its all about indulging your secret napoleon complex and colouring as much of the map in your colour as possible!

Seriously, welcome! By losing with Tau you will be keeping alive the time honoured tradition upheld by Duncan and Sam before you. You stand on the shoulders of giants. :P
40k: Tau (gothic, AI), Tyranids (NetEpic, gothic), Dark Angels
WFB: Skaven (uncharted seas)
Also Played: Warmachine/Hordes, Infinity, Flames of War
Rick

Postby zerabable » Tuesday 22nd November, 2011 8:29 pm

lol glad to hear it, but i think tau are the currently most out dated army, i heard its eldar but im sure that's not right, i'v brought a good force with me, how many points should I be bringing? and (for future reference) does anyone have any issues with me using a model form imperial armour second edition?

also long campaign stories don't bother me, im used to them infact and enjoy the idea of having some notable achievement, even if its only on paper.
zerabable

Postby Rick » Tuesday 22nd November, 2011 9:38 pm

Tau are indeed the oldest book :) We usually play 1500pts, although if you want to play a different level (lots of people are interested in playing 2k as well) then you can arrange that. No-one I know of has any issues with forgeworld stuff and its becomming increasingly popular within the society. You may want to check if whatever your using has newer rules (e.g. in the recent apocalypse book).
40k: Tau (gothic, AI), Tyranids (NetEpic, gothic), Dark Angels
WFB: Skaven (uncharted seas)
Also Played: Warmachine/Hordes, Infinity, Flames of War
Rick

Postby zerabable » Tuesday 22nd November, 2011 10:01 pm

yes, i have commander Ral'ai, and he's apparently become op and under priced, getting imperial armour second edition is on my to do list, other than him and other XV9's, and maybe a tiger, i carn't imagine wanting any other forge world stuff
zerabable

Postby Hammerite » Wednesday 23rd November, 2011 10:42 am

I think it is a good idea if this thread stays more or less on-topic, so I've split the discussion about forge world stuff into its own thread in the off topic board.
And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Hammerite
Forum Admin

Postby Dan » Monday 16th January, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi guys.

I'm looking at coming down for a game for the first time on Saturday so thought I should say hello first.

I'm Dan, 23, living in Sheffield but sadly no longer a student. I've not really played since the start of 3rd edition but I've been reading up on the rules and put together a fair size Eldar army ready to hopefully jump straight back into things.

So if anyone is about on Saturday and fancies an easy win please let me know. Looking forward to meeting some of you at the weekend.

Regards,
Dan
Dan

Postby zerabable » Monday 16th January, 2012 6:12 pm

Lol you'd probably still beat my tau, unless theirs an ethereal they just run away (dead ethereals break my entire army though), but i didn't think their was anything on this weekend, isn't the exam stuff still taking over?
zerabable

Postby Hammerite » Monday 16th January, 2012 6:24 pm

zerabable wrote:Lol you'd probably still beat my tau, unless theirs an ethereal they just run away (dead ethereals break my entire army though), but i didn't think their was anything on this weekend, isn't the exam stuff still taking over?

Meetings start this coming weekend (the weekend of the 21st). For the first two weekends we are in the Octagon Centre, because the Union gallery rooms are being set aside as revision rooms.
And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Hammerite
Forum Admin

Postby zerabable » Monday 16th January, 2012 7:11 pm

thats me told, im busy this weekend but i'll see you all hopefully on the 28th
zerabable

Postby Dan » Monday 16th January, 2012 9:19 pm

Is it worth coming down while you guys are still in exam mode? If so what would an appropriate time be, the room runs for nearly 12 hours, but I don't think I can handle that much Warhammer in one go!
Dan

Postby Talorian » Monday 16th January, 2012 9:21 pm

Hooray, another Eldar player. Good, I could do with some help in the campaign picking on the Necrons. Will see you on Saturday.

Most of us arrive at 12 and the majority of us are ex students like yourself, so you'll have plenty of company.
Talorian

Postby Vassakov » Tuesday 17th January, 2012 11:59 am

As a bone idle politics student with only one exam left by Saturday, I'll be there all day with my Space Wolves. Looking forward to actually being competative in games for the first time in about two months!
Vassakov

Postby ErrantTentacles » Tuesday 7th February, 2012 10:43 pm

Hi there my name is Martin and I came along for the first time on Saturday. A big thank you for those I talked to and who showed me the ropes!

Graduated from Sheffield Uni '08 then was a turncoat and did my masters at Hallam.

Played warhammer and 40k a lot when I was in secondary school (although had a bad habit of collecting bits of lots of armies and only had a couple of full armies) but for different reasons stopped playing at sixth form and its only recently its dawned on me that I have a job and money so could restart the hobby properly.

Starting with WFB which I'm collecting Ogres partly because they weren't around as a full army when I last played and partly because there are fewer figures as I am quite a slow painter - very much appreciated peoples patience with me picking up the rules again!

My 'claim to fame' is I am the vocalist for the folk metal band Northern Oak http://music.northernoak.co.uk/
ErrantTentacles

Postby IronWithin » Sunday 19th February, 2012 12:18 am

Hi everyone
My name is Michael, I'm the big long haired guy who plays with the Iron Warriors in 40K. Had a blast so joined up here. Looking forward to taking part in the campaign. Is there any point in giving a background for my Iron Warriors?
“From Iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany. And may it forever be so."
http://theunbreakablelitany.blogspot.co.uk/
IronWithin

Postby zerabable » Sunday 19th February, 2012 1:22 am

hi glad to meet u, and yea, most of us have a bit of back ground to our leaders, their goals, old rivalries ect, as for my self i'v given up, my commanders don't last long enough and theirs only so many times that they can "crawl out of the wreckage of their suit and tactically fall back with the broadsides for the greater good"
zerabable

Postby IronWithin » Monday 20th February, 2012 6:19 pm

Ok so where/who do I post any background to?
“From Iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany. And may it forever be so."
http://theunbreakablelitany.blogspot.co.uk/
IronWithin

Postby Namhaft » Monday 20th February, 2012 7:19 pm

PM any background to duncan (noodle). That or start a new topic in the 40k section.
Namhaft

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions